1. What are the important dates and locations in 2022?
- Thursday, November 2, 5:00-6:30 pm
- Shopper orientation and gift wrap pick up
- Monday, November 13, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Deadline to adopt your family via Roonga
- Wednesday, December 14, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
- Shopper gift drop at The Virginian Convention Center.
2. What should I do if I can’t find a requested gift?
- If you cannot find the exact gift a child has requested, please try to find the closest equivalent.
3. What if the child’s wish list exceeds the budget?
- Parents have been given a budget per child and asked to rank the gift requests in order of preference. Please start with the top of the wish list and work your way down.
4. How do I get reimbursed?
- You can either mail Mrs. Claus the receipts (Santa Fund, PO Box 314, Jackson, WY 83001), or drop the receipts off in an envelope on Gift Drop Day – Please do not email receipts.
5. I do not want to be reimbursed. What should I do?
- Mrs. Claus still needs your receipts for tax reporting. Please submit your receipts either by mail (Santa Fund, PO Box 314, Jackson, WY 83001) or on drop day along with a note saying you are not requesting a refund.
6. I can’t make it to drop day. What should I do?
- Please coordinate with a friend to drop your gifts on drop day. If you are unable to coordinate with a friend, please email Mrs. Claus to coordinate a different plan.
7. How should I wrap and label gifts for drop off?
- Your Roonga Wish List will indicate if the family would like to receive the gifts wrapped or unwrapped. Please attach gift tags to each wrapped gift and include the child’s name, age, and family number (ex: Jennifer, Age 6, #128). All gifts should be in a box or bag with the family number clearly marked on all sides.
8. The gifts I ordered won’t arrive in time for drop day. What should I do?
- Please tell one of the Santa Fund Board members on drop day and indicate this on the parent letter from shoppers.
9. Can I include gift receipts in my packages?
- Yes, you may include gift receipts in the parent letter envelope if you wish. Including gift receipts is not required.
10. The child requested inappropriate items. What should I do?
- Please contact Amy Brooks – (307) 690-6087 – and she will get in touch with the organization that referred the family. Do not purchase the item(s).
11. What if I have purchased all of the requested gifts and have left over budget?
- You are welcome to spend the rest of the child’s budget on age appropriate gifts. Books and art supplies are very popular!
12. What if I have leftover budget for one child and a child in the same family has requested items over their budget?
- Budgets are specific to each child. Please do not use leftover budget from one child on another child’s gifts.
13. I understand that the Santa Fund is tax exempt. How do I make sure I don’t pay tax when shopping at local merchants here in town?
- Please remind the merchant that Santa Fund is tax exempt.
14. Do I have to pay tax if I order from Amazon and have it shipped here to Jackson?
- Yes you will have to pay sales tax. We do not have a way to be tax exempt when purchasing from Amazon.